A strategically-driven engineer with over 17 years of experience, I’ve meticulously crafted a career that spans software development in automation, leadership roles, and mentoring. My journey reflects a consistent pursuit of innovation, technical excellence, and impactful leadership.
Senior Software Engineer & Tech Lead | Feb 2021 – Present
- Architected a serverless application framework, ensuring optimal scalability and cost efficiency.
- System architect for scalable payment collection and loan origination systems, now adopted across multiple global regions.
- Designed an SMS microservice, handling over 10,000 daily messages.
- Led a talented team of software engineers and QA professionals in the fintech domain, fostering collaboration and driving innovation.
- Onboarded applications into a multi-account AWS Landing Zone environment, to ring-fence different clients.
Senior Software Engineer | Feb 2020 – Feb 2021
- Commissioned AGVs in Jurong Island, leading to increased client acquisitions.
- Led discovery of client business processes related to AGV usage in order to drive adoption.
- Designed and prototyped solutions to address business process requirements of clients to utilize AGV.
- Mentored the Singapore software team, bridging knowledge gaps with a remote Russian team.
Senior Programme Manager | Aug 2019 – Feb 2020
- Joined Certis to explore opportunities in security tech solutions.
- Pioneered the migration of Certis projects into AWS Landing Zone.
- Developed a face recognition app, enhancing security and operational efficiency.
- Spearheaded digitization and ops-tech integration, including tender proposal creation.
- Decided to transition after organizational changes and to proactively steer my career direction.
Project Lead | Nov 2011 – Aug 2019
- From concept to live trials, developed and deployed a robotics wheelchair for Changi airport within 6 months.
- Winner of the Sparkathon and technical architect for the Convoying Robotics Wheelchair (Folo) Fleet.
- Applied the Scrum framework, ensuring agile and efficient project delivery.
R&D Engineer | Mar 2010 – Nov 2011
- Drove product quality, achieving a significant reduction in reliability issues.
- Developed PCB circuits and firmware tasks, enhancing product functionality.
Project Manager | Dec 2007 – Mar 2010
- Managed service support for Shell’s Ethylene Cracker Complex, ensuring timely and efficient project delivery.
Probe Test Engineer | Sep 2005 – Dec 2007
- Developed functional and parametric tests for DRAMs, ensuring product quality.
- Successfully migrated test software across platforms, ensuring continuity.
Naval Postgraduate School
- Master of Science in Systems Engineering | 2014 – 2015
National University of Singapore
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering | 2009 – 2010
- Bachelor of Eng. in Electrical and Computer Engineering | 2001 – 2005
Management Development Institute of Singapore
- Graduate Diploma in Business and Finance | 2008 – 2009
- Scrum Master (NICF)
- Design Thinking (LUMA)
- System Engineering (NPS)
- Lean 6 Sigma (SMU Academy)
- Cloud Platform/Serverless
- Project Management
- Web/Mobile Development
Virtual reality exercise game (Oculus Experience)
- Utilized: Unity, Blender, Oculus
Link wrapper for Link Analytics and URL Shortener (aelper.com)
- Utilized: React, NodeJS, AWS (Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB)
StudyGleam - AI Essay Grading Tool (studygleam.com)
- An innovative tool leveraging AI to grade essays, providing instant feedback and enhancing the learning experience.
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, GCP
- DevOps: Serverless Framework, Terraform, Docker, CloudFlare, Git, Gitlab CICD
- Languages: NodeJS, Typescript, Kotlin, C/C++, C#, Python, Go, Rust, Elixir, Clojure
- Databases: SQL, Sequelize, SQLAlchemy
- Frameworks: React, React-Native, VueJS, ROS, Unity3D
- Others: Confluence, Jira, Twilio, AutoDesk Fusion 360
- Ho Ching: Robotics convoy concept demo at ST Engineering-NTU Corporate Lab.
- Teo Chee Hean: AR glasses integrated with a robotics convoy wheelchair concept demo at ST Engineering-NTU Corporate Lab.
- Dr. Lam Pin Min: Robotics convoy Wheeltek proof of concept demo at SATs Innovation Center.
- S. Iswaran: Presentation on innovation projects at ST Engineering Open Innovation Lab.
- Khaw Boon Wan: Robotic wheelchair convoy demo at Marina Bay Sands Convention Center during the ASEAN Transport Ministers meeting.